John and Jared discuss why textbooks should only take up 25% of your time when learning Chinese and how to spend the other 75%. Guest interview is with Jeff Lindsay, a long-time resident of Shanghai whose love for Chinese and power of Yuanfen has translated into love for the people.
What can you realistically learn from a textbook? John and Jared discuss this question to help anyone understand how far a textbook can take you towards fluency. Plus, be ready for a surprise guest appearance from John’s mother-in-law!
Guest interview is with Jeff Lindsay, a warm and funny man whose love for Chinese has translated into love for the people. His stories will shine a ray of light into your heart and show how the power of connection through language can enrich our lives.
Thanks for listening to our podcast! Please write us a review on Apple Podcasts and we’ll give you a shout out on the podcast! We are also taking questions from our listeners. If you have a question, reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Facebook and catch our latest Chinese learning memes on Instagram
Links referenced in this Episode.